Interested in Becoming a Coach?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Horizon Hobby Flight School coach. This is a great opportunity for skilled pilots to share their experience with grateful hobby newcomers. Imagine watching a newcomer proudly complete his or her first successful solo flight, perfect from takeoff to landing…all the result of your expert help and confidence-building support!
To be a Flight School coach, you must have experience with flight instruction and be an active member of your local AMA-chartered flying club. You will also need to complete and submit the Flight School Coach Application form.
If your application is approved, you'll be listed on the Flight School Find a Coach page along with the biography and class schedule you provide.
- You'll need to submit current biographical information for the Flight School web site along with your application.
- If approved, you will be sent a link to create an account for accessing the Flight School portal where you manage your classes. Upon signing into the portal, you must watch the Flight School coaching video before scheduling any classes.
- You should follow the course of instruction explained in the video.
- You must maintain an up-to-date schedule of your available class times on the Flight School web site.
- You must schedule and host at least one class per 4 month period.
- Before allowing students to fly, you should first inspect and fly their RC airplanes yourself.
- You must keep your AMA membership active and remain an active member of your local AMA-chartered flying club.
- You are expected to refrain from any conduct Horizon Hobby deems inappropriate or unbecoming of a Flight School coach.
The benefits of being a Flight School coach include the following:
- Each coach approved for the program will receive a Flight School Coach shirt and hat.
- Flight School coaches save 15% off the advertised prices when purchasing Horizon Hobby proprietary product from participating retailers or HorizonHobby.com.
- Coaches meet new people, make new friends, and feel the satisfaction and pride that comes from helping new pilots achieve their dreams.