In The Box
- (1) E-flite® UMX™ Ultrix™
- (2) Brushless Motors (installed)
- (2) Linear Servo (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ Receiver with (2) brushless ESCs (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) 1S 3.7V 500mAh LiPo with JST Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
The Ultrix™ features a unique, all-new design that delivers a flight experience unlike any other, especially for models in the UMX™ (Ultra Micro eXtreme) class. This twin brushless motor-powered, delta wing airplane excels at smooth sport flying, basic aerobatics and even aggressive 3D — all in the same flight. Its incredible power-to-weight ratio provides hovering capability and unlimited vertical performance. Differential thrust adds yaw control and the ability to perform advanced aerobatic maneuvers including harriers, amazing flat spins and more. Plus EPP construction makes the Ultrix the most durable UMX model yet — ready to thrill RC pilots with more performance in more places and smaller spaces!
- Innovative and unique design capable of smooth sport, aerobatic AND 3D flying
- Powerful twin brushless motors deliver the power to hover and climb out vertically
- Differential thrust for yaw control to perform flat spins and other maneuvers
- Ultra micro size can be flown in more places and smaller spaces
- Extremely durable yet lightweight, fully-molded EPP airframe
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Unmatched stability and locked-in feel of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- Optional LED light kit/set (sold separately; EFLU6455) for flying at night
- Fully factory-assembled and ready to fly
The UMX™ Ultrix™ is a smooth handling, extremely versatile delta wing with aerobatic and 3D capabilities that you might not expect based on its looks alone. The twin brushless motors deliver an incredible power to weight ratio that offers good speed, plenty of power to hover and unlimited vertical performance. Differential thrust adds the ability to perform harriers, flat spins and more amazing aerobatics. And extremely durable EPP construction makes this one of the toughest ultra micro models yet. The Ultrix handles windy conditions well, aided by exclusive AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence for a locked-in feel — it’s like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) Select technology makes the Ultrix easy enough for low-time pilots to enjoy, and the ultra micro size and lightweight construction are suited for flying almost anywhere. Skilled pilots can cut loose indoors in a space as small as a single basketball court, while large yards, sports fields and RC fields make ideal outdoor flying sites for just about everyone. Fully factory-assembled, the Ultrix is ready to fly within minutes of opening the box. Just add an affordable 1S 500mAh battery (EFLB5001S25) and bind it to a compatible Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter! You can even install the optional LED light kit (EFLU6455) for improved visibility during daylight conditions and to fly at night!
The unique, innovative design of the UMX™ Ultrix™ makes it capable of smooth sport flying, basic aerobatics and even aggressive 3D flying — all in the same flight!
Powerful twin brushless motors deliver an incredible power-to-weight ratio to provide the ability to hover and unlimited vertical performance. Differential thrust offers yaw control and the ability to perform advanced aerobatic maneuvers including harriers, amazing flat spins and more.
The sleek and simple delta wing design is molded from lightweight yet extremely durable EPP, making the Ultrix™ one of the toughest UMX™ aircraft ever.
Optional LED Lights
Install the optional LED light kit (EFLU6455) for improved visibility during daylight conditions and to fly in darker conditions or even at night.
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) and SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch, making the Ultrix™ easy to fly for low-time and experienced pilots alike.
The UMX™ Ultrix™ arrives 100% factory-assembled and is ready to fly within minutes of opening the box. It's equipped with industry-leading Spektrum™ 2.4GHz technology that binds to your 5+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter so you can be flying in almost no time.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No complex programming is required.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
|CG (Center of Gravity)||6.9" (175mm) back from the nose with the battery at front of battery tray|
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 Hour|
|Completion Level||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Propeller Size||60 x 2.5mm|
|Recommended Motor Battery||500mAh 1S 25C LiPo|
|Skill Level||Level 2|
|Product Length||12.9" (320mm)|
|Minimum Required Radio||5-channel|